News:

Migration to SMF has been completed!   Squadron members must RE-REGISTER!

Main Menu

Questions about DCS Fighter / F-15C Combat

Started by Emuyen, December 13, 2016, 04:21:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emuyen

Dear TWB Experts

I'm enjoying flying with you guys on IL2 TAW. I'm learning a lot and you are very funny and patient teacher. I still need to work on my communication. I still get very excited when I hit something   :x

I'm already planning my time after the TAW campaign. At the moment the manual of the F15C is a loyal companion. I get the engagement basics in warbirds. Roughly height = energy = advantage.

But when I watch Youtube Vids of guys dogfighting in jets the most action takes place on deck. I get that they need to mask in the hills to break radar lock. But still I feel that I'm missing the key basics in fighting with modern weapons.

The manual keeps telling me about heights, locking, shooting. The different engagement distances and I think I know understand how a doppler radar works to mask as best as possible. But when I watch the vids I barely can understand what's going on in PVP.

Does somebody have the time and the will to be a patient teacher and do some training sortie with me in the coming weeks? Or does somebody at least can give me a written explanation about the basics?

Thank you in advance and I'm looking forward to the next sortie in the warbirds!

o7 Emuyen

Ec0ke