News:

Migration to SMF has been completed!   Squadron members must RE-REGISTER!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Membership Applications / Re: Application for IL2 BOS/BO...
Last post by Pand - March 23, 2017, 07:56:33 AM
Emuyen!

I've been pretty heavy into DCS for the last couple  months ---- swing by Teamspeak and tap me for a quick chat.  We'll take it from there!    :salute
Last post by Emuyen - March 22, 2017, 03:31:04 AM
Dear TWB's!

It's been a while since I started dating you... äh I mean.. you know.. I've asked a couple of times in TS who do I have to kiss to become part of the family and everyone told me in disgust: "PAND!"
So here I am. I wasn't online a lot because life is fucking me hard right now. But when I managed to fly I surely always was in TWB TS. The most sorties have been with helveticus ec0ke.

I think I demostrated that I'm commuinicative (working on that to become quiter) and very motivated to get BETTER, well, and I'm getting better from sortie to sortie.

For sure I will survive a permanent or a temporary no, if you decide so. Since I had a lot of fun with you guys I will still be happy to keep joining you on TS and in the sky, if I am welcome.
Of course I would be proud to become a TWB member because, if ec0ke is ok with that, I'm sure we can spread the love in EU timezone. Maybe in the future TWB will have a EU hard core, like you guys in the US timezone already are?

Maybe, sometimes, future, bla bla. First of all let's have fun in the sky!

Looking forward to your reply.

o7 Emuyen
Hardware and Software / Aritculation Sphere CAD File -...
Last post by otavio - February 12, 2017, 02:36:36 PM
Just so you can print your own articulation sphere if it ever gets damaged. File is in .step format.

:salute :salute :salute :salute :salute :rock
IL-2 General Discussion (Public) / Re: nice server
Last post by Pand - January 29, 2017, 04:00:41 AM
Quote from: Mastiff on January 25, 2017, 08:14:39 AM
I like the server but its defiantly not for when you fly alone, as the AAA guns one shot kill you.
Thanks Mastiff--- we just did a small load test this past Saturday ... hit a max of 21 pilots and server held up well.   Looking forward to releasing soon.  Salute!
IL-2 General Discussion (Public) / nice server
Last post by Mastiff - January 25, 2017, 08:14:39 AM
I like the server but its defiantly not for when you fly alone, as the AAA guns one shot kill you.

DCS General Discussion (Public) / Questions about DCS Fighter / ...
Last post by Emuyen - December 13, 2016, 04:21:35 AM
Dear TWB Experts

I'm enjoying flying with you guys on IL2 TAW. I'm learning a lot and you are very funny and patient teacher. I still need to work on my communication. I still get very excited when I hit something   :x

I'm already planning my time after the TAW campaign. At the moment the manual of the F15C is a loyal companion. I get the engagement basics in warbirds. Roughly height = energy = advantage.

But when I watch Youtube Vids of guys dogfighting in jets the most action takes place on deck. I get that they need to mask in the hills to break radar lock. But still I feel that I'm missing the key basics in fighting with modern weapons.

The manual keeps telling me about heights, locking, shooting. The different engagement distances and I think I know understand how a doppler radar works to mask as best as possible. But when I watch the vids I barely can understand what's going on in PVP.

Does somebody have the time and the will to be a patient teacher and do some training sortie with me in the coming weeks? Or does somebody at least can give me a written explanation about the basics?

Thank you in advance and I'm looking forward to the next sortie in the warbirds!

o7 Emuyen

News and Announcements / Classic FNBF 09 DEC 16 03:00 P...
Last post by 4./JG52_Manu - December 05, 2016, 03:19:50 PM
Event Name:
Real FNBF

Event Start:
Friday, Dec 9, 03:00:00 pm (GMT -5)

Event End:
Friday, Dec 9, 05:30:00 pm (GMT -5)

Mission Time: 16:03-18:45
Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Winds from the North.

Situation:
Following close air support 64th Army armor drives Axis forces from Kalach. Both sides attempt to stabilize the front lines as infrastructure comes under attack.  
"Kalach" AAR

***Please note Time Change to 20:00 UTC. 
**Patrol areas and Targeting to be relayed via PM to each side.

*UK_1 Server Settings for Friday Night Bomber Flights will be Full CEM, No Icon, No Navigational aides.
*TS will be the Official BoS server (8.3.5.133:9407) password bos2014; in one of the MP Channels.
=Backup TS Address will be: ts3.riseofflight.net:7777 - Password: 1917

Planeset:
Axis 
 Ju-88 (7)
 Ju-87 (4)
 Bf110E-2 (3)
 BF-109G (10)

VVS
 IL2-42 (6)
 Pe-2 s.87 (6)
 Yak1 s.69 (9)
 Yak1-B (3)

Full Signup, Roster sheet visit our Battle-fields site : http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/23544-friday-night-bomber-flight-topic/?p=414706
Look forward to flying with you...
Tip

Hope to see you with us... we already pick up all the 109 !

Manu
Last post by Ec0ke - November 10, 2016, 07:05:45 AM
Quote from: Emuyen on November 08, 2016, 02:50:15 PM

PS: You already have a Swiss Pilot in your Squad. We are better kept in pairs..

chönt o usarte  :rofl

welcome man  :cheers
Last post by dillon.biz - November 10, 2016, 02:15:39 AM
Welcome!

Stop by the TS whenever you can, get to know us!