News:

Migration to SMF has been completed!   Squadron members must RE-REGISTER!

Main Menu

SO i would like to upgrade from my nvidia gtx 550ti

Started by kl0udy, October 14, 2016, 08:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kl0udy

having trouble deciding what to get... anything could be a huge upgrade... i mean id like to spend around 300$ but should i just go higher? 400$ ish would be my limit... from what i understand pand is on vacation and he was the one i was sort of speaking to about htis i just dont know enough about it to make a purchase that expensive without at least hearing some advice..

i could prolly spend 200 250 and make a huge upgrade... but i start looking at cards and just get overwhelmed and lost.. was looking at an msi gtx 1070 for about 440 thatd be my high limit

anyone have any ideas? if i can upgrade for cheaper it will mean i can buy a better processor sooner..

also how do i tell if my power supply is sufficient for a given card i might purchase.. idk how to check what power supply i have and cant see in the case on the actual power supply what it is.

Swear

980tis are going for about 300-350 but the performance jump/performance per dollar you get from a 1070/1080 might be the better route.
--Swear Out

kl0udy

Primus

kl0udy

so i got the 1070, and now i need a new processor.. but with taht ill need a new motherboard, and then new ram cuz the newer motehrboards run ddr4 if im not mistaken, so i might as well get a new case as well.. and some cooling... i dont know where to start.. i was looking at like an i7 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117369

the truth is idk what i should really get.. i mean it seems like most processors are 240-250$ so i might as well get an i7?.. is there anything i need to make sure i ahve with a motherboard or can i get a cheap 100$ one and be fine.. suggestions?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130902

80hd

Make sure you don't fuck up the thermal paste.

You have a pretty decent PSU?
"CHEERS DAKPILOT" - Dakpilot

kl0udy