News:

Non-Squadron members should have received a new password via email.  Thanks for your patience!

Main Menu

Big Screen TV's and TrackIR 5

Started by Metabo, February 24, 2016, 02:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metabo

I've been using a 60" 4k TV for some time now and placing the TrackIR camera has been a problem.  Mounting the Camera on top of the TV was far to high and made for bad interpretations of head movement.  Setting the camera below the TV was better, but you also still deal with some bad interpretations of movement.

I built a bracket on the side of my chair that extends out past the back of the chair and it has a shelf on it that allows me to place the camera behind me. I mounted the Pro clip on the top of my headset ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/281937101845?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82 ) dead center and facing backward from the headset.  I used hot glue to mount the ProClip.  This has proved to be the best setup for TrackIR. 

The camera is at the center height of the middle LED of the Proclip and center of my head position.  I positioned the Proclip center of the head set because when mounted on the side the camera can detect the swing away from or to the camera when turning your head in Yaw.  This will be the best setup even if you are not using a big screen TV

Why someone has not developed a head tracking system using accelerometer technology is beyond me.
Metabo

Pand

I ran into this issue as welll...

If you ever see me on video, I have the TrackIR "Antler" sticking way up to get close to center height with the TIR sensor on top of the TV.  Finally got it usable, but all varies by the location.

Colonel Pand, [TWB] The Wet Bandits
"CHEERS DAKPILOT" - Dakpilot

otavio

I had the same problem until i used 3m double sided tape and bingo, trackir and tv now are one being.
DAKPILOT is my idol.

CHEERS DAKPILOT!