News:

Migration to SMF has been completed!   Squadron members must RE-REGISTER!

Main Menu

DCS Squadron

Started by Corley_C, December 14, 2015, 05:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are the current goals of creating a DCS squadron? (Pick two)

Actively recruit more members via Twitch Tv, multiplayer servers..etc.
2 (18.2%)
Pick a day and time for existing members to fly a scheduled scenario/sortie 1-2 times a month.
5 (45.5%)
Create our own dedicated server and host Primus' missions. (Already better than most servers)
3 (27.3%)
Organize training sessions and curriculum, with accompanying scenario/sortie 2-3 times a month.
3 (27.3%)
Play with a big bag of dicks and cry until BOS is fixed. (if ever)
4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: December 18, 2015, 09:43:38 PM

Corley_C

Gentlemen,

Several people have expressed interest in not only recruiting, but also some sort of organized event. Thus, several questions arise. First, what type of events should I put together? Training sessions entailing complex methods, combat ideologies, tactics, weapons system...etc? Or, more of a fun mission in which people commit to getting on an doing some legitimate sorties? Second, how often would we like to do these events? Weekly, bi-weekly, monthly? Perhaps schedule a training event the second week in a month, then apply what we learned and do an actual combat sortie the last week of the month?

Pand, Flame, Primus and I have been in communication here and there, throwing around some ideas. As of right now, I am volunteering to head the DCS ''Squadron'', as I have the extra time and interest on my hands. Thoughts? Ideas?
-Cooper :rock :airplane

Nraged

I think we should start with getting more than 2 people to fly Bacteria.

Corley_C

Quote from: Nraged on December 14, 2015, 05:49:20 PM
I think we should start with getting more than 2 people to fly Bacteria.

Essentially, this would guarantee sorties with a group of people. Rather than just flying with whoever happens to be on that day, the most people we have had in Bacteria so far has only been 4 people. However, I think interest is rising, so, I am going to give this a try and see where it goes.

dillon.biz

My shit's all over the place with work. I never know when I'm going to be on because there's always a potential that some fat fuck will go dicking around on one of my com rooms in Florida and knock out a switch and cause flight delays and then I have to drop what I'm doing and get on a plane out there... Or spend a week in the Caribbean babysitting a bunch of island yahoos that we paid to do work before I got there only to get there an see none of it's done at all...

With that said, I'll just sit here with my big bag of dicks and let the tears flow.
Lt. Colonel Dillon, [TWB] The Wet Bandits
"CHEERS DAKPILOT" - Dakpilot

ike444

There's always something to learn in DCS. Creating simple missions like EWR called intercepts, shooting a few zones of groundies, or having a tanker circle around all take seconds in the editor to create. Something glorious like Bacteria is another story.

Having those simple missions to learn combat tatics and weapon systems wouldn't even have to be a weeky thing. It could be a whenever you want type thing.

I personally think that complex missions like Bacteria are the most fun as they give you situations for different tatics and weapons, one situation after another.

As for the question as how often big sorties, or that neat training to monthly sortie idea you had occur. I'm on the bus  to present my college final right now. So my next days will be me waking up at 3pm, eating breakfast, then watching strange Internet videos till 5am. Literally anytime works for me, monthly, weeky, daily.

Nraged

Aside from playing with a big bag of dicks, we should just get together and fucking fly it. Whenever we have people in TS. I mean some may be in fact playing with a bag of dicks AKA War Thunder, they can stop for a bit and spend some time flying in Bacteria.
The mission is a lot of fun, plus doing it with people is even more fun. So before we start scheduling practice sessions and such, we have to get our shit off the ground first.

Hawx004

Im in 100%, just set one day or two in the week when usa and european time zone matches  :salute

Corley_C

Make sure to vote in the poll at the top of the page as well guys. Thanks.

finoogles

That would be cool too make like a weekly thing where all of us get together and fly together and train/ scenarios where we do a mission that someone makes for DCS.  :x :x

Corley_C

As of yesterday the voting has ended. It seems that most of us are in favor of setting up a scenario or two for us to fly, the second two most favored options were creating our own TWB server and scheduling some sort of training day with an accompanied scenario. Thoughts, concerns?

Nraged

Concerns?
I know that we have more than 5 people who fly in DCS. Everyone else needs to log into the forums and cast their votes or at least make a post.