News:

Non-Squadron members should have received a new password via email.  Thanks for your patience!

Main Menu

SU25T Info

Started by Nraged, October 24, 2015, 10:32:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nraged

Lets start off with

http://lockon.co.uk/en/flaming_cliffs_2/training/Su-25T.php

and if you have the time and dedication, I would advise watching each and everyone of these videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZT878Rylhw

After you're finished, you will be an ACE at SU25T on paper! After you spend some time on setting up your controls and actually flying it, you will become an ACE in game as well.

For your initial baby steps I would advise using SEAD set up and 104th server offers some great missions where having a SU25T equipped with SEAD is a great asset to the team.

Once you figure out the whole SEAD set up and which missles to use (Phantasmagoria Pod, Kh58 for long range and 25MPU for medium/short range), you will be able mix things up a bit and be prepared for any kind of situation, depending on the current stage of the mission.

My personal favorite
Phantasmagoria Pod, 29T, Vikhrs, 25MPU, 25ML, ECN Pod.  Same set up for each side.
Here are the benefits:
- Since 29Ts have longer range than 25MPU (please correct if I'm wrong), you can still target SAMs with them by using PhPod to target and quickly switching to 29Ts/Shkval.
- 25MPUs are there for SEAD as well
- Vikhrs, and we get 16 of them, are awesome at killing anything at shorter range.
- 25MLs are just laser guided rockets and I'm not a big fan of those, so I take them instead of bombs, in case I need to kill a building or something. There is nothing wrong with replacing them with bombs IMO.

This set up gives you a great mix of everything.

Now that we're done with pros, lets take a look at cons, even tho there arent that many:

- You are heavy, you're so fucking heavy that you need to use an entire airfield to take off, but once you're in the air, you dont feel the difference that much.
- By heavy, I mean over 1000lbs overweight.
Now, does it matter? Not really, because once you get to AO, you usually release 29Ts or 25MPUs very early in a fight so you'd be losing a good chunk of fat.
- Vikhrs affect your aerodynamics big time, your plane becomes all shaky at higher speeds, which means that you have to be super careful when diving and coming out of a dive. You dont have much room to work with speed wise.
- Fuel, becomes kind of a big deal if you dont get shot down. By the time you're finished with using all your Vikhrs, you will get Low Fuel warning because you'd have to make about 16 passes to release all of them and if you get good and start killing two targets on every pass, you will be saving some, but this will require you to pull up to much higher altitude after every pass and extend your climb by quite a bit and you will also be exposing yourself to a greater amount of risk of being shot down. Greed will get you killed, I can assure you :)
So on the top of 16 Vikhrs, you would need to make some more runs with your other ordinates so once again, by the time you're finished, your fuel tanks will be nearly empty. If you ever get to that, that means you know what you're doing and take "Bingo Fuel" warning as a compliment!

Nraged

Set up #2 AKA Fucking Mountains!

I want my SU to be as light as it can be and I'm willing to make sacrafices. Weight wise that is.
Moutains have pretty high KD and it gets higher and higher every day, but at the same time they teach you a good lesson - Dont Fuck Up!

Discipline is something that you develop over time and the only way you can make it happen is by learning from mistakes. Hopefully you can learn from mine, but I'm sure that you will make some of your own along the way.

So the trick to staying alive is #1 Landing Flaps, #2 Go light while learning.
My mix set up for fresh game
29T x 2 and 25MPU x 4, PhPod, ECN Pod. Thats it!
Biggest benefit - You're teamplayer!
You can always RTB and rearm and get whatever you want, but by the time you come back, enemy AA defenses will be down and you will be able to kill whatever you want.

Mid game - considering that the enemy may still have some AA, 25MPU x 2, Vikhrs, 29Ts. You can kill 4 SAM sites and 16 ground targets. You're light as hell, No need to worry about speed because by the time you're ready to fire you're Vikhrs, your 29Ts are gone and if there is no AA, you can jettison your 25MPUs.
Flaps are the key when trying to line up your shots. Its also easier to make a 180 turn with "combat flaps".
ECN pods are no needed if you know that most of AA is down.

If you know the location of enemy SAM sites, you wont even need PhPod, so you can use your Mercury pod and your ground pounding will be even easier.