News:

Migration to SMF has been completed!   Squadron members must RE-REGISTER!

Main Menu

COOP Operation Bacteria!

Started by Nraged, October 14, 2015, 08:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primus

Glad to see you guys are getting some of the other missions.

As for the 800 mile thing, this is a prime example of what I was talking about in the second post of this topic. See the picture on that post as well. The A-10C defaults to I believe whatever grid ref you start in. If you look at the map you will see a few sections along the vertical where it looks like the grid squares are really thin. This is where the grid references overlap. So you guys punched in FJ 847 262 but the briefing says:

37T

FJ 847 262

So when you entered the grid FJ 847 262 it was in grid reference 38T which is actually 800 miles away.

Quote from: Nraged on October 29, 2015, 09:13:02 AM
We have completed another mission last night which we havent seen before. Awesome mission too. It required teamwork and coordination and it was a lot of fun all around.
We had to provide cover for a team of SEALs and eliminate all threats until they get extracted.
Awesome work on targets, we werent able to spot some of them because of the way they were camouflaged. The onle time they'd show up on MFD was when they'd start firing and than we'd be able to see them on thermals.
We did some low alt flying for spotting and eliminated the targets shortly after.  We have also used smoke rockets to mark the area where some of the hidden targets were and it worked like a charm. so  :rock to Corley for reminding us to equip them.  We're going to make it a requirement for everyone.

After we completed the mission, we were told to fly back to IP and get new coordinates for next mission.
The coordinates that we got were FJ 847 262 / SU 25T WP9.
We didnt bother with jumping into SU25 to see where the target area was, but according to coordinates, the AO was about 800 miles away. Clearly something was wrong :)
All 3 of us used these coordinates so its been comfirmed. The mission objective was to eliminate all AAA threats in a target area, but not to destroy any buildings.

Rich8

>I found an issue with Operation Bacteria while flying with Corley C. and Godfather Actual. The waypoint descriptions on the Kneeboard are to long. For example; it will say Reference Point #1, when viewing on the kneeboard, the number is cut off on every individual kneeboard page. So it will show up as; Reference Point #. I suggest shortening the reference points to; Ref. Point ##. This will massively clean up the kneeboard, especially since when viewing the last two pages of the zoomed out map, it will become readable.

>Another suggestion I have is to relocate the Su25Ts from Mozdok to Nalchik, just a personal preference, it's quite a flight from Nalchik to IP Banks, and while the Su25T is rather fast, it does eat a lot of fuel, so a fuel tank is always needed to make a sortie from Mozdok to the combat area that can perform at-least two taskings.

>Still a fun mission none the less! :joystick

Corley_C

I agree with Rich8's recommendation to relocate the Su-25's to Nalcik. Also, would you be able to add some A-10A's for people who don't have the C module? Hopefully we can get another mission in soon. The sortie last night was super fun, we were tasked with all soft AO's allowing gun/rocket runs.
-Cooper :rock :airplane

Nraged

Killing all the infantry was superfun.