News:

Migration to SMF has been completed!   Squadron members must RE-REGISTER!

Main Menu

COOP Operation Bacteria!

Started by Nraged, October 14, 2015, 08:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nraged

@Primus

Thank you so much for getting Operation Bacteria for us.
Last night we have completed one of the random missions and it was a lot of fun. We flew A10C, have finally figured out (kind of) the whole coordinates thing in the CDU, found the objective, defended the crash site and US Marines have been evacuated!
It took some time but we got it done! Now we're going to be able to complete more objectives going forward.

Few adjustments we'd like to request and I dont know if this can be done or not:

Change time of the day to may be 16:00 so we can get all the juicy graphics going.
Get rid of the wind since we're not really ready for the weather stuff yet.
Would there be a way to restart the mission after it ends without killing the host?
Is there a way to refresh the current mission coordinates? - For example: someone joins while the mission is live and wants to see what the coordinates of current objective are?
Check on the waypoints for SU25T - For Example:
The waypoint for SU25T was WP13. I set WP 13 on my NAV and it showed that its 169km away. I flew for about 50-60km and once I reached the mountains, the WP leading indicator started pointing else where. The distance to WP went back to 169 km again, Normally I would use the Kneeboard to confirm, but all those waypoints and descriptions are overlapping each other and making it impossible to read.

We also had an issue of not being able to spot enemy BTRs (according to the mission briefing), which were actually BMPs and the mission briefing also told us that they will have SA6, which did not exist. Good thing was that AdmiralReese joined, he hit "Enable Lables" in his game and found the targets right away. I honestly had no idea that it was enabled, which was a huge help because Flame and I have spent like 20 minuted flying around the mountains looking for the tank column with SAMs and stuff. 

Other than that, the mission fucking rocks! Cant wait to play it again!

Primus

Thanks for the feedback.

V.3.26
Mission time changed to 16:00

Wind reduce to: 1m/s @10m, 3m/s @2000m+.
Turbulence also greatly reduced, we'll see how this works for us

I'm working on adding SU-25T/A-10A way point info and total mission reset radio menu. At present you can hit '\' then select radio option 'F10 Other' to see mission co-ords. This menu also allows you to cancel mission which places mission back into rotation. In which case you are free after 4m:30s to arrive at IP Banks for a new tasking.

WP13 is is approx. 130 nautical miles from Mozdok as the mission was originally designed for 4 ship flight based out of Sukhumi-Babushara.  WP10 is 150 nautical miles from Mozdok.
Note: SU-25T HUD waypoint indicator is actually a "flight director" and will have you intersect the waypoints closest vector as drawn. Therefore, it would have pointed you to the spot closest to you between WP12 and WP13 then bring you on course towards WP13. The HSI(center-bottom) instrument has a pointer that directs you directly to the way point itself. This may have been what happened. But distance of 169km is fairly accurate.

Regarding the BTR issue what mission was this because the mission associated with WP13 doesn't mention SA-6's or BTRs and there is a SA-18 present and 4 BRDM-2's...Maybe we'll call it, USAF intelligence discrepancies(j/k I would like to fix when found). Regardless I do appreciate the feedback.

Another thing to note about CDU waypoint entry some missions specify a grid zone designation and some do not....At current spawn default is 38T which I've noticed is not displayed sometimes. I will fix this. Others specify 37T.   37T GJ 221 126 is MILES away from 38T GJ 221 126. I've attached an image of where to change this.

Finally yes, I've decided to keep labels as a client side choice default(Lshift-F10 | I believe) for debug purposes.

Mission uploaded to DCS > looking for wingmen file browser. Keep up the feedback!

Edit: I need to some more testing in regards to Waypoint ID's for SU-25T and A-10A's. They will probably be re-done, with kneeboard clutter in mind as well. Right now I need sleep.

Nraged

Thanks for the reply.

Also, is it possible to change the main airfield to a closer location? 71m away from IP is kinda far, what do you think?

Flame

Would like to thank you Primus for your effort, nicely done.
one thing also you can edit which increase your voice while saying the mission, the volume needs to be increased.

Nraged

@ Primus

Last night we got a mission to to provide CAS to ground troops who were pinned by the enemy infantry. They were on the opposide sides of the river and their positions were marked by smoke.
After killing the enemy inftantry we got a mission update to proceed to IP, followed by coordinates to a US camp which was supposed to have a convoy leave and we were supposed to proved CAS for that convoy. On the map we saw the camp location, Hunmvees, few tanks and some soldiers. We circled over the camp for a while, Flame found some enemy soldiers in the treeline few miles away from the camp, fired some shots and they despawned. There were no dead bodies.  That happened after we flew over the camp for about 10 minutes.
The bottom line is that the convoy never left the camp so we werent able to do anything.

Flame restarded the server and the mission and it gave us that exact mission again from the begining. We got to IP, got the coordinates and proceeded to the mission objective. Just as we got closer to AO, we got the voice over which was the communication from ground troops indicating the enemy positions, the mission crashed.

Just giving you some info and feedback.

Primus

Which mission though? The briefing way point number or the coordinates would help but I need something to identify which mission it is. I believe there are a few convoy missions. Also it would help to know which slots you were in just to narrow it down, but that part is not as crucial.

Okay I stumbled upon it. Hawg in Zone got deleted somehow. Due to the unique way the mission editor works, I've reproduced the trigger but do not have access to the original voice prompt, so no voice prompt only a message displayed for this trigger until I record over it and the other VO's for that task.  Mission Updated to 3.27

@flame Which VO's are too quiet, just some AWACS that I did, or all of them. I'm not experiencing any VO's as too quiet and in fact cannot hear TS while they play. @everyone else Is this a consensus issue or isolated volume settings issue for flame?

Nraged

The VO is quite for all of us when Flame is hosting it.
When you were hosting it, it was loud and clear so may be something needs to be adjusted on the host's end.

Primus

Lol, now I'm even more confused...I mean it may be possible that VO's play at host's volume settings but wow, that would be a strange way to program a game.

Nraged

In Soviet Russia anything is possible, dont get surprised, just go with it :)

Corley_C

Primus,

Loving the mission, we had a great A-10C flight this evening. Again, great job.
-Cooper :rock :airplane

Flame

Just made Air Start Version and it's upload now.
13 Mile from trigger point :)
Mission Name: Operation_Bactria_COOP14_v3.26 (Air Start).miz

Nraged

@Primus

The mission with destroying cave entrances is bugged. It seems like host is the only who can see the caves and even then, we werent able to blow them up.

Remember the bug with the house and trucks parked next to it, I think its the same thing, only in this case we werent able to rpoceed with mission because those caves (considering that we got the proper location) were never destroyed.

@Flame

Please post a screenshot which you have linked to us last night in TS.

Thank you.

Primus

@Nraged

You know I've always wondered about that mission. From the design viewpoint it looks like most other missions; destroy a group of enemys. It doesn't look like it had anything to do with a cave (see attached). Are you telling me that these enemies do not even show up on the map/ only to host? Also, according to the editor you are require to kill every unit before victory condition.

Flame

The problem that i was the only one able to see the caves, even tried to hit it but nothing happened, but if we must kill everything before it probable we had something missing, but the main problem was not one except me was able to see it.

Corley_C

I was able to engage some ground targets, but I was never able to identify the tunnel entrance.
-Cooper :rock :airplane