News:

Non-Squadron members should have received a new password via email.  Thanks for your patience!

Main Menu

Application for SpaceWhale

Started by bicheichane, July 09, 2015, 08:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bicheichane

In game name: SpaceWhale

What other squadrons have you been a part of? (if any): 116th Panzer Division and TAW. These are the biggest ones, I've been in others but they were so tiny and disorganized that I left so quickly I don't even remember their names.

Are you over 18?: Yeah, I'm 23, almost 24

What other sim games do you fly?: DiRT Rally and Warthunder. I flew a lot of IL2 like 5 or 6 years ago, but I had no concept of ACM's or anything, I was a complete noob just turn fighting with american planes lol, so I guess it doesn't count.

How often do you play?: Depends, I am doing a masters degree in Software Engineering, and I have bursts of demand in that regard, so sometimes I play daily for several hours, other times I go dark and even close people IRL wonder if I'm alive and well. I don't switch between these modes very often though, so I won't be a complete wildcard!

Tell us why you want to be TWB: First and foremost I want to fly with you guys fly SB and I'm tired of always flying alone since I've moved to SB about 2 weeks ago (all of my ACM skills have been acquired during around 6 months - 1 year of RB), and after watching you guys play on an enduring conflict event I saw teamwork and competitiveness, which adds immensely to the enjoyment of the game for me.

Secondly, after reading your charter you guys seem like the kind of community I would fit right in, so I think I would make a good addition here. I'm still learning the intricacies of SB battles, but my willingness to learn is such that after experiencing difficulties in SB instead of having given up on it, I chose to keep looking for a community that matched my interests, and all have failed short so far.

<corny>
It really seems like you guys will be my failedclansearch combo breaker! <3
</corny>

Now, to the mandatory pics of my tattooed butt: http://tinyurl.com/2fcpre6
And my dad's butt: http://tinyurl.com/3fh8oze

xoxoxoxo,
SpaceWhale

dillon.biz

Lt. Colonel Dillon, [TWB] The Wet Bandits
"CHEERS DAKPILOT" - Dakpilot

classypax

If correct, your in game name shows little to no experience in SB. 
The only mystery in life is why the kamikaze pilots wore helmets.

bicheichane

Quote from: classypax on July 10, 2015, 11:30:44 AM
If correct, your in game name shows little to no experience in SB.
I quote from my original post: "I've moved to SB about 2 weeks ago (all of my ACM skills have been acquired during around 6 months - 1 year of RB)". So yes, little to no experience in SB is correct. I do however have extensive experience in RB as you are able to verify. Since my transition to SB I have been flying mostly energy fighters (Lavochkins mostly) since I do not really enjoy pure turn fighters and I struggle a lot with BnZ as I am still learning how to spot aircraft flying below me.

I'd say that that is actually one of my current biggest difficulties in SB, dealing with aircraft flying more than 1km below me. That's why I have flown russians more often than not, as they allowed me to bypass that difficulty by flying very low and enjoying great performance levels

Also, take note that most of my SB air experience has been in Combined Battles, as they allowed for more 1vs1 dogfights than in regular SB matches, since there are usually fewer aircraft in the air at any given time, allowing me to focus first on getting accustomed to using a joystick + headtracker, with less worries regarding maintaining situational awareness and the lack of having a wingman to help clear my six. However, I have no intentions on staying this way forever, these are no more than stepping stones. Searching for an SB clan is part of my effort in improving my skills in this game mode! Having more experienced people able to call me out on my mistakes will be a major help!

bicheichane

Oh I'm sorry, I just noticed now that I had the wrong nickname here, it's Space_Whale, not SpaceWhale!

classypax

I think it would be best if you jumped on our ts, get to know people and perhaps try squading up with some to see if the shoe fits for both parties.  We will look at this application down the road.

classypax

Have not seen you around, are you still active?

classypax

I'm going to close this application if no response in the next 2 days.

classypax