News:

Migration to SMF has been completed!   Squadron members must RE-REGISTER!

Main Menu

WTF Terrain.ini is gone?

Started by Nraged, March 01, 2016, 12:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nraged

I just installed BOS on my new PC and when I started fucking with the video settings, I couldnt find terrain.ini
The game works fine, no FPS drops or anything, but it still doesnt look as good as it did before.
I set it to Ultra and everything, but the colors are not as juicy as they used to be.
Also I switch between Ultra and High, there is no noticeable difference at all.

What else can I do make it look better?

Pand

Don't forget your 4x terrain view --- essentially the manual tweak we used to do in the file to make the ground look good, it's built in now.   :cheers

Colonel Pand, [TWB] The Wet Bandits
"CHEERS DAKPILOT" - Dakpilot

Nraged

I did that too and still see no difference. I guess I'm going to mess with the settings some more at different times of the day and see what happens.
It kinda sucks that they dont give us much room to work with when it comes down to video settings.

Pand

We'll have to look at see--- the me it's the same quality of detail as before with the graphics menu settings.

Agree, would like a little more customization :)

Colonel Pand, [TWB] The Wet Bandits
"CHEERS DAKPILOT" - Dakpilot

Nraged

My biggest problem is with contrast and gamma. I want it to be juicier, just a little.
I dont know if its DirectX related, may something I can tweak, idk.
I mean it doesnt look bad, but I know that it can be better and not being able to see the difference between High and Ultra settings just tells me that there is something wrong.

War Thunder on the other hand looks just fine, even slightly better than before since I got a better video card and stuff.
A game like Black Desert looks fucking amazing on max settings and everything turned all the way up. I get max fps, no video lag and its awesome. Even fucking WOW looks sick, way better than before.