News:

Non-Squadron members should have received a new password via email.  Thanks for your patience!

Main Menu

I think Mr.X is calling you out, Pand.

Started by ATAG_Invictus, January 16, 2016, 01:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATAG_Invictus

You and everyone else who flies BoS it seems.   ;)  You specifically come up at 4:30:

I was catching up on my YouTube subscriptions and laughed out loud when I saw that.   :lol

Not sure what to think about Mr.X.  I've seen people call him a cheater, but I'm not so sure.  His deflection shooting is damn good, but he's just doing what I see all the really good shots do.  Notice how as he is closing he puts his nose slightly lower than the flight path of his target then pulls through to take the shot.  That's pretty much what all the really good shots do.  JG4_Karaya and Gr00ve, arguably two of the best CLoD pilots, use this technique to setup high deflection shots as well.  It could be he's using some technical technique to cheat like a lag switch I suppose, but to me it just looks like good shot setup and timing. 

What do you guys think?

Come watch the fun!
Twitch: Invictus1984
YouTube : ATAG_Invictus

Pand

Colonel Pand, [TWB] The Wet Bandits
"CHEERS DAKPILOT" - Dakpilot

ATAG_Invictus

Excellent point and suggestion! 

Maybe he won't stream because he's afraid it will cause lag.   :D
Come watch the fun!

Etherlight

Nobody questions that he is actually good at flying and shooting. You cannot "cheat" your way to good maneuvering and aiming. What people question is his ridiculous situational awareness and ability to find targets in ludicrously short time. I've fought this guy quite a few times now and I have never, never, never seen him being surprised. He always knows when to attack, when not to attack, because other enemies could capitalize or when somebody creeps up on him from his low six. Add to that the fact that, especially in some of the older videos, it seems that he tracks enemies through his lower cockpit, and that he sometimes kills about 10 guys in 20 minutes, and I just do not believe that. I would not even find 10 targets in half an hour even if I tried to, because it takes time to fly somewhere, check multiple altitudes for targets, identify those targets and then set up a good attack while also making sure you don't just dive into a hornetnest.
BoS has proven to be absolute shit in terms of anti-cheat, adding to that the reputation Mr. X has collected in Clod, I just don't believe him. But there is a simple solution to the problem: Just fly German when he's on the server. He always flies German (of course, cause 109 is 109), so you don't have to worry about him anymore. I have no time or patience to deal with that guys bullshit, plain and simple.

Not to mention his kind of attitude towards people, but like Bronn said in Game of Thrones "There's no cure for being a cunt." ^^

ATAG_Invictus

I wasn't aware of his seeming ability to see through the cockpit.  That isn't surprising because I've never flown against him.  He did have a similar reputation in CLoD but also some misinformation.  For example, I've seen 71stMastif state he was banned from the ATAG server, but understand from some discussions that may not be the case but I haven't bothered to confirm this.

Just to be clear, I'm not defending the guy.  If he's cheating, he's pond scum and deserves the ridicule he receives.  :salute
Come watch the fun!

Etherlight

Didn't think you were Invictus. Nobody can exactly prove that he's cheating, because that's the nature of games without a dedicated and sophisticated anti-cheat mechanism. Since flight simulators are a very niche community without multi-million dollar developers and publishers behind them, I do not think this will change. Fotunately because of the small, niche and enthusiast nature of our fine little community, cheating is a rather rare occurance, because the audience tends to be a bit older and more mature in general, compared to most gaming communities at least (we both know the dark sides of the ATAG forums, hehe ^^).
So whatever, I can live with a little bit of nonsense, it's fun nonetheless. See you in the sky I suppose. :D

ATAG_Invictus

No worries on my end! I just did not want you to think I was defending a cheat.  For what its worth, I also agree with your other statements.   :salute and see you in the skies!
Come watch the fun!

Nraged

The first time I saw MrX's youtube video from about a year ago, I was like, no, there is no way this guy is cheating, but after seeing what he does, his reputation, feedback from my friends.... yeah... FUCK THIS GUY.