News:

Non-Squadron members should have received a new password via email.  Thanks for your patience!

Main Menu

Let's make it happen!

Started by Silky, June 17, 2015, 05:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silky

Silky

dillon.biz

I'd be game, but I'm going to have a massive amount of highschoolers at my house for my sister's graduation party. 
Lt. Colonel Dillon, [TWB] The Wet Bandits
"CHEERS DAKPILOT" - Dakpilot

Nraged

Quote from: Silky on June 17, 2015, 05:42:33 PM
Bring your poker face!

@dillon

by poker face he meant this?

sorry bro, couldnt help it, it was too good to miss, just asking for it :)

oh yeah, and I'll be there, Saturday night, no plans, my life is awesome!

opcode

opcode

I guess this didn't happen?

It's 9pm in the East, a solid 4 players online including myself.

A couple of guys joined and then balked at the long transit times.  One guy said he wasn't willing to fly 80km in an il2 just to hit some tanks.  I kind of agree, plus the rear targets spread the action out too much.  Flew around for an hour, got plinked by AAA at 5km.  Saw a single 109 that evaded me.  I'm just so disappointed, I had high hopes for this sim but I'm kinda regretting the purchase.

Nraged

Hopefully summer Stali and BOM will revive the action in US.
I'm not feeling bad about buying the game because of the flying experience and the way FMs feel.

We just need all of TWB to start showing up. I also logged on Saturday, kepts the game running on background while doing work related stuff and only saw 4 people on the server.

opcode

TWB should really check out this the thread on the il2 forums regarding this "revival".  I agree with the criticisms and likely won't be flying on the eagle's nest any more until the mission gets changed.

It would be great for 30 pilots, but it's pretty miserable for less than 10.

dillon.biz

Been busy with life shit as of late, I make it on when I can.  I'm sure others are in the same boat during this slump in activity.  I'm sure the new content on the horizon will spark some more interest.  For now, all we can do is be patient. 
Lt. Colonel Dillon, [TWB] The Wet Bandits
"CHEERS DAKPILOT" - Dakpilot

Nraged

Quote from: opcode on June 22, 2015, 07:10:27 PM
TWB should really check out this the thread on the il2 forums regarding this "revival".  I agree with the criticisms and likely won't be flying on the eagle's nest any more until the mission gets changed.

It would be great for 30 pilots, but it's pretty miserable for less than 10.
I totally agree with that. The mission should be on a smaller scale considering the population. With 30+ people the current one is amazing but when the numbers are low, its boring as fuck. People tend to leave the game when theyre bored.
I'd rather have a clusterfuck of planes as oppose to flying for 20 minutes without seeing a thing.

Silky

Quote from: dillon.biz on June 22, 2015, 10:02:54 PM
Been busy with life shit as of late, but I fly War Thunder every night.

-----

Anyways, what King_Hrothgar said on the IL-2 forum was spot on. Plus a few old players like N8, SAG, Clutch, gnome, Shraps, istruba, to name a few are interested, but it's the mission that's made for 60+ players that makes people bored. Fact of the matter is, this game isn't dead, it's only dead during NA prime time.

Nraged

Quote from: Silky on June 23, 2015, 03:14:22 PM
Quote from: dillon.biz on June 22, 2015, 10:02:54 PM
Been busy with life shit as of late, but I fly War Thunder every night.

-----

Anyways, what King_Hrothgar said on the IL-2 forum was spot on. Plus a few old players like N8, SAG, Clutch, gnome, Shraps, istruba, to name a few are interested, but it's the mission that's made for 60+ players that makes people bored. Fact of the matter is, this game isn't dead, it's only dead during NA prime time.

sadly we cant just quit our jobs so we can fly during the prime time in Europe :( but on a bright side, I convinced Waffles to buy the game and we will be flying tonight at around 8pm EST. Dont know how long its going to last but I'm going to help him get situated and more familiar with the game.

Silky