News:

Migration to SMF has been completed!   Squadron members must RE-REGISTER!

Main Menu

So uh, when do people play?

Started by opcode, June 14, 2015, 08:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

opcode

I've been checking the server populations after getting BOS and finding it pretty depressing.

Does anyone play multiplayer at all any more?  Word on the street is this is the only North American server...

dillon.biz

Hey opcode!

Unfortunately the NA playerbase is very sparse.  Its a tough task to get people to get on and sit for hours to seed the server.  Hopefully when BoM comes around we'll see an influx of new players.  Until then feel free to swing by TS and see if anyone's on. 
Lt. Colonel Dillon, [TWB] The Wet Bandits
"CHEERS DAKPILOT" - Dakpilot

opcode

Maybe someone should organize a once-a-week dogfight event?

e.g. "Hey guys everyone show up around 9pm Eastern on such and such day" then we can all joyfully shoot at each other.  9 Eastern works best so that us West coasters can join in too.

Ec0ke

could be a good idea  :aok would be in too, to serve as a "easy to shoot down" target  :D

Corley_C

Or set a date for our own TWB operation, we could invite other groups if need be..
-Cooper :rock :airplane

Roo5ter

Quote from: Corley_C on June 16, 2015, 06:37:27 AM
Or set a date for our own TWB operation, we could invite other groups if need be..

If you mean a TWB led operation great.

If you mean a private TWB operation well, it's obvious who has the authority to run the server and do that but you will never grow the player base with private events.

I also have been checking the server and never find anyone online so I am a bit let down but maybe Ill get around to setting upt he stick for War Thunder :/

Nraged

IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME!!!

If we want to seed the server, and we do, we should build it up a bit first. People who already have the game stop playing by logging on a few times, not seeing anyone online and going over to other games. If there were people on the server, they'd stick around and play.  (Cptn Obvious reporting in!)
Consitensy is what I'm getting at.
Whenever we're on, people come to play with us. With ABM, Pand and few others not logging on as often as they used to, the server kinda deadeded.  If we want to revive it, lets set times for every night, lets say 9pmEST, stay on for anywhere between 30min-1hour and plant your seed.

or we can just say "fuck it" and wait for BOM. :)

Pand

You can catch Dillon and I usually either Saturday or Sunday (sometimes both) between 1PM-4PM Eastern time kicking in the TWB Roadshow.  This is the time that the Russian servers are running at capacity.  Lots of good fun to be had during that time, especially with a wingman! :joystick

Back a few months ago I was logging in every night and herding the cattle to log in seed the server.  Worked sometimes--- most of the time it didn't. 

There are efforts currently underway for a TWB sponsored registered event.  TheElf is currently working on the mission plan and design around historical engagements.  Once the mission is laid out and documented, it will be handed off to ABM for map creation. I've already created the registration forms, and when ready, the marketing department will be distributing throughout the community.

Colonel Pand, [TWB] The Wet Bandits

opcode

Has the server gone offline?  I was going to hop on some multiplayer and get shot down a few times, but can't find it in the server list.

Then I went on Wings of Liberty and got booted, probably due to high ping.

Pand

I've set the autokill scripts to execute at Noon on weekends and 5PM on Weekdays.  Should be good to go now!  :cheers

Colonel Pand, [TWB] The Wet Bandits

opcode