News:

Migration to SMF has been completed!   Squadron members must RE-REGISTER!

Main Menu

[Suggestion] Hard mode Frontline Assault

Started by Roo5ter, April 09, 2015, 01:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roo5ter

To start off with, I have a suggestion that you could create a suggestion forum or edit the title of the Frontline one to say its not just for development its for development and suggestions :P

Ok hard mode in a sim game, really? Yes really, I already spoke to Aborted about this but give me a minute to pitch this idea but not like how Bubba pitches, I'll be a little more subtle here because it always hurts when Bubba is doing the pitching.

Aborted specifically said that the amount of tanks for the Germans were increased since TWB often ends up piling into the allied team and needs more of a challenge. Now I know what you are thinking, those two-bit hacks in TWB are going to make it harder for themselves? I know I know, I even have to fly a Stuka just to keep things competitive with these guys but hear me out.

There should be hidden triggers in the map for both sides to create an action which makes the mission more difficult. For example, a trigger if you land at a specific airfield 50-60km east of Lenink, or destroy a truck along a river way the hell out of the way, a message comes across the screen that says Panzer Corps IX (whatever it is) reinforcements have arrived. You could add XXX number of tanks or trucks to the battlefield at that time.

Here's the point of this, when the server is just a bunch of pubs playing the difficulty is balanced and when TWB joins up if they want to make it harder on themselves for a bit of balance they can activate the hidden trigger to change the difficulty but players on the server will not know any different. It will be a change in difficulty but players will only see the message keeping the simulation feel alive.

The locations and actions of all of the hidden triggers would simply be confidential information posted on whatever internal forums TWB uses that way public players will either not know where they are or never be able to find it.

Obviously the communists were used as an example here but the Germans would also be able to have the same thing. Also there could be multiple hidden triggers at different grids with different consequences for activating each. This would not only allow a harder difficulty but the option to have varying levels of it or triggers that make the mission more interesting than simply spawning more tanks each time.

So in short to sum this up the additions if this idea is implemented are:
Scaling difficulty to help balance out the teams if TWB joins up together on one side
Ability to add variety in triggers (such as a hidden depot deep in German territory that comes up as a new objective or tank reinforcements)
A better experience for pubbies who may feel outnumbered via the imbalance of familiar pilots with a history vs unfamiliar pilots
- and last of all an added workload for Aborted, because he obviously doesn't do enough and someone has to put his ass to the fire.

AbortedMan

FYI, this can be built to be toggled by a command via the remote console so only people with rcon access can toggle it. No need for an in-game event, but that can be done as well.