News:

Non-Squadron members should have received a new password via email.  Thanks for your patience!

Main Menu

Just saying hello and S!

Started by ATAG_Invictus, December 24, 2015, 02:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATAG_Invictus

I look forward to shooting you all down in BoS and (if I ever get around to finish configuring my controls) DCS.    :salute

It goes without saying I'm less enthused at the thought of being shot down by you guys.    :D ;)
Come watch the fun!
Twitch: Invictus1984
YouTube : ATAG_Invictus

Nraged

Hey!
Welcome to our forums dude!

Stop by our TS if you gonna need some help with controls for DCS.

o7

ATAG_Invictus

Thanks NRaged.   DCS World's control setup is very flexible.... almost too much so.   My issue isn't a lack of understanding,  just the free time to get everything setup).  I have a full Hotas / cockpit setup with multiple contols which complicates matters a bit.
Come watch the fun!

Nraged

Pand

Welcome Invictus!    Feel free to stop by our teamspeak:   ts3.thewetbandits.org if we're ever flying on the same side.   :cheers

Colonel Pand, [TWB] The Wet Bandits
"CHEERS DAKPILOT" - Dakpilot

ATAG_Invictus

Thanks for the invite and I will do so. Gets old flying alone and most of the ATAG guys don't fly BoS.  The few that do only fly Russian and I only fly German so there you go.   I'd be happy to wing up with you guys whenever.    :salute
Come watch the fun!

ATAG_Invictus

Thanks guys.  I enjoyed Saturday evening...even if I couldn't hear crap for the first 1/2 hour.  Stupid TS3.   :lol  Looking forward to flying with you guys again soon.  Starting to understand the differences between BoS and CLoD so should get better soon. 

If you guys are ever up for flying some CLoD let me know. The ATAG server usually has pretty good numbers on the weekends and you will see some familiar names flying there (71st AH squad, CIA, etc).  CLoD isn't better than BoS...it's just different and I think they are both great in their own way.

BTW Pand, here's what I meant by refueling can be fun.  Enjoy!    :D 

:salute
Come watch the fun!

vonAfton

Quote from: ATAG_Invictus on January 09, 2016, 04:13:12 PM
Thanks for the invite and I will do so. Gets old flying alone and most of the ATAG guys don't fly BoS.  The few that do only fly Russian and I only fly German so there you go.   I'd be happy to wing up with you guys whenever.    :salute
Ofcourse they do they all in for easy mode as usual

Etherlight

Whut? Did you just proclaim flying Russian in BoS to be easy mode Afton? Did they put something in your coffee? :D

ATAG_Invictus

Quote from: vonAfton on January 11, 2016, 06:22:27 AM

Nah.  Many of the ATAG guys are good sticks.  Some will fly both sides but most fly Red (English).   Keep in mind that the majority of the ATAG guys are from England or other Commonwealth states and so love the Spitfire or Hurricane.  For others it seems they won't fly German due to strong feelings about flying planes that bombed the crap out of their country a few decades ago, even if it's just a simulation.  I guess they extend this viewpoint to BoS.

As for me, I just like the bf109 and don't feel flying one in a simulation makes me a Nazi sympathizer.  ;)
Come watch the fun!

Nraged

Quote from: ATAG_Invictus on January 11, 2016, 09:37:03 AM
Quote from: vonAfton on January 11, 2016, 06:22:27 AM

Nah.  Many of the ATAG guys are good sticks.  Some will fly both sides but most fly Red (English).   Keep in mind that the majority of the ATAG guys are from England or other Commonwealth states and so love the Spitfire or Hurricane.  For others it seems they won't fly German due to strong feelings about flying planes that bombed the crap out of their country a few decades ago, even if it's just a simulation.  I guess they extend this viewpoint to BoS.

As for me, I just like the bf109 and don't feel flying one in a simulation makes me a Nazi sympathizer.  ;)

Those guys need to woosaah a bit. I'm Russian and I mostly fly German planes because all my friends do. I fucking hate swastikas, but I respect the German machinery. Its a video game after all.

ATAG_Invictus

Heh...its only a few ATAGers.  We have 81 squad members so there is bound to be a few odd ones.  :D

Come watch the fun!

vonAfton

i know theres alot of good ol chaps there like lewis dice and dave but that fagget otyg needs a proper spanking every day to keep in line

ATAG_Invictus

Quote from: vonAfton on January 12, 2016, 03:58:52 AM
i know theres alot of good ol chaps there like lewis dice and dave but that fagget otyg needs a proper spanking every day to keep in line

Don't know him at all.  Doesn't fly US time.  Dice, Dave and Lewis are decent guys, as are pretty much all of them.
Come watch the fun!

Nraged

Quote from: ATAG_Invictus on January 10, 2016, 09:31:05 PM
Thanks guys.  I enjoyed Saturday evening...even if I couldn't hear crap for the first 1/2 hour.  Stupid TS3.   :lol  Looking forward to flying with you guys again soon.  Starting to understand the differences between BoS and CLoD so should get better soon. 

If you guys are ever up for flying some CLoD let me know. The ATAG server usually has pretty good numbers on the weekends and you will see some familiar names flying there (71st AH squad, CIA, etc).  CLoD isn't better than BoS...it's just different and I think they are both great in their own way.

BTW Pand, here's what I meant by refueling can be fun.  Enjoy!    :D 

See, this is what BOS is missing. Obvious things like clouds at over 1km, clouds that look more like clouds as oppose to a white roof over the ground. Smoke puffs from AAA which dont disappear instantly, smoke stacks on the ground when stuff dies and explodes, you know, things like that.
I mean, if I drop a bomb on a factory building, it will burn for more that 2 minutes.

:salute