News:

Non-Squadron members should have received a new password via email.  Thanks for your patience!

Main Menu

Nice custom seat

Started by Pand, September 18, 2015, 11:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pand

Colonel Pand, [TWB] The Wet Bandits
"CHEERS DAKPILOT" - Dakpilot

Corley_C

-Cooper :rock :airplane

Nraged

So fucking awesome!
I've been reading a lot lately about selfmade cockpits and such. This one really tops the charts!

Couple of things you may want to add:
- Beermug holder
- Sandwich plate holder
- shotglass holder
- bucket (for obvious reasons)
- intercom so you can call your wfie when you run out of beer

Can you post a picture of your whole set up including the monitors and such. I'd love to see it.

I'm trying to figure out what kind of desk to buy or may be a chair which is set up kind of like yours or may be something along the lines of what Pax has.
also, what do you think would be more comfortable, having a joystick between your legs (jokes aside pls :) ) or have it on the right hand side? Right now mine is standing on the desk right infront of me and the throttle is on the left hand side and the fact that its elevated makes it very uncomfortable.

dillon.biz

Bonus points for a video of the wife-beer-delivery in action.

I'm a stick on the right guy right now, but eventually I will try the center mount option when I can accommodate it.
Lt. Colonel Dillon, [TWB] The Wet Bandits
"CHEERS DAKPILOT" - Dakpilot

Primus

I know I've mentioned it before but I picked up the www.volairsim.com cockpit back in March and am incredibly happy with it. Now, I do realize that I lucked out ten fold by marrying a gamer girl so we have a dedicated gaming room. This thing stands out a LOT if you are planning to leave it in a living room, lol. I've made one modification and that was to cut off the vertical post of the center stick mount and add a 5 1/2" X 3/4" square tube to allow the mounting plate to sit above my thighs/knees. Shipping is a bit high, but still came out cheaping than the new office chair + desk I had priced out. Additionally, this rig has done wonders for my back. Oh and spring for the arm rests.

FAQ - http://www.volairsim.com/faqs.html

Nraged

Primus this looks awesome. Best thing about it that the chair has armrests, that's a dealbreaker for me.
Can you post a picture of your set up?

Nraged

After reading all the great reviews, I decided to pull the trigger and ordered it.
$825 together with the arm rests.
It does make sense because a decent chair would run about 2-400 plus the desk would be anywhere between 500-1000. This covers both with a nice set up.

Cant wait to get it and start putting it together. Next things on the list are the rudder pedals and a bigger monitor.
Just sent an e-mail to that Polish guy who makes Crosswinds, lets see what he says about the delivery date.
As for a monitor, I was thinking about getting a 43" TV, right now I'm using a 27" monitor.
Any suggestions?

Also, for those of you who use 3 monitors, wouldnt be better to have one big screen as oppose to 3 smaller ones while will only give you larger horizontal view and narrow down the vertical?

classypax

Did you check the width of the leg area in this cockpit, I can't get crosswinds cause they wont fit in my cockpit.
The only mystery in life is why the kamikaze pilots wore helmets.

Flame

Nraged

Thanks!

@Pax
I e-mailed the guy who sells the playseat, lets see what he says. If he wont be able to give me the answer, I will take a look at the dimensions myself.
I mean, I've got a hammer, nails, glue and lots of ducktape :)
On a more serious note, I didnt realize that the rudder pedals can be so wide, so after talking to Primus last night, we have come to a conslusion that its going to be a very close call, which I'm very greatful for since I dont want to see all that money which I would spend on the pedals go to waste.