News:

Migration to SMF has been completed!   Squadron members must RE-REGISTER!

Main Menu

The Faces of [TWB]

Started by Pand, April 09, 2015, 09:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pand

Get to know The Wet Bandits! This topic is for all the members of [TWB] to introduce themselves and help visitors get to know them.

Colonel Pand, [TWB] The Wet Bandits
"CHEERS DAKPILOT" - Dakpilot

Pand

My name is Pand, short for Pandemonium, and I am the CO of [TWB] The Wet Bandits.  I have been playing sims since River Raid on the Atari 5200, through F-19 Stealth Fighter (yeah I said F-19), Chuck Yeager's air combat, Airwarrior, Warbirds, Aces High, WT, IL2: Battle of Stalingrad, and pretty much everything in between.  I've pretty much owned every piece of Thrustmaster equipment from the the FCS/WCS Mark II/RCS in 1996 through the Warthog/MFDs/TQS/MFG Crosswinds currently in use today.  I like to make it feel as close to the real thing as possible, to hold me over from flying IRL.
[attachment=0][/attachment]
[attachment=1] [/attachment] 

Colonel Pand, [TWB] The Wet Bandits

hooves

Hey there, My name is Hooves, it stems from an ill-fated TDYto Hawaii in which a covert op to tip some cows went horribly wrong .  When our raid party was comprimised and the cows became, lets just say "Aggressive", a hoof print on my jaw bagged me this awesome callsign!  Ive been playing flightsims since the first release of il2 46 back in the day.  Im into pretty much any milsim thats out there. 

I also love Motocross and have been riding/racing since Iwas 10

Ewertsp

Just as many of you, I'm an old timer flightsimmer. Before war thunder, I had been away from flying for quite a while but I always had that wish to come back after giving up of il2 due the lack of equipment, especially trackir.
My come back to flying started with arma2. I joined a big group and things just happened. I bought trackir and then moving to a flight sim was the obvious move. So I met BBH and we started winging alot and then we met 80, Pand and Greedz. 2-3 weeks later we were rocking as The Wet Bandits in warthunder! Some time after that, we kicked dillon's ass a lot and he joined us hahah.

About my education, I'm a computer engineer undergraduate and I just started a control engineering grad course. Still unemployed and looking for a position in some industry.  :pray

Edit by Pand: This pic was too good to pass up!

dillon.biz

Hey I'm dillon.biz.  Got my start in online gaming with Battlefield 1942.  Moved on to Battlefield 2 where I played in the CAL competitive scene in 5v5 as anchor infantry and 8v8 as chopper pilot/solo and utility player.  Since Battlefield 3 and 4 were epic disappointments I shifted my focus to flight sims starting with War Thunder and eventually ended up with BoS.  Joined The Wet Bandits in October 2013 after getting my ass handed to me repeatedly by Pand and the gang in WT. 

Went to school for mechanical engineering and currently work as an IT Infrastructure Engineer for a major US airline.

Edit by Pand: Added Pic of Dillon's infamous role on the Sopranos

Lt. Colonel Dillon, [TWB] The Wet Bandits

otavio

Hey, some here call me OT, others BBH, but for most i'm just otavio. For a start i can say i've fell in love with aviation in general when i was very young, having several model aircraft back then, and just as every kid dreaming about one day becoming a pilot. The first "flight sim" i can remember playing was an old F-16 Ascii simulation ported from the MSX to the Sega Master System. Honestly i didn't know what i was doing back then, since that game was complex as hell, but holy shit, i always had a good time whenever i managed to shoot down some MiG's. After that i did play a lot of flight games on the Sega Genesis as well, like the F-15 Strike Eagle II.

But it wasn't until 1999 when i first got my hands on a joystick and a copy of X-Wing Alliance that i knew what i was missing. From that i moved on to Novalogic's F-22 Raptor and then finally to Flanker 2.0 - 2.5. My only joystick probably broke some time after that and that's when i gave up flight simming for quite some time. Fast forward ten years, i find myself doing Battlefield 3 dogfighting, having met a lot of people there, including dillon.biz, which would later become my friend and squad mate. Anyway, the guys at the BF3 dogfighting community had started playing this new game called "War Thunder" (Shit Thunder...), and after some time i got hooked again (i think it never leaves your blood  :joystick ), buying a new joystick and flying FRB all the time. From there i met Ewerton, and as we winged together we met Pand, 80hd and Greedz, and that's when "The Wet Bandits" got it's kickstart. Nowadays i'm a Cliffs of Dover and DCS World enthusiast, hoping that IL-2 get's on the path of light again (if you know what i mean).  :aok

-ot

Edit by Pand:   Add your own pic or I will ;)
DAKPILOT is my idol.

CHEERS DAKPILOT!

Nraged

Hello everyone! I'm Nraged!
and its pronounced ENRAGED! Not N'ragged, not Nerdraged, not Nigraged, not Nagrand (fuck WOW), not ENNNNNNN raged.

Thank you :)

I chose that name because I'm superawesome (not really) at every game I play and I always rage at the shitties for being bad.
My other fine qualities are:
Bright ideas (which backfire about 95% of the time) and Organizatrional skills (follow me everywhere I go and watch my six).

Originally I started flying back in BF1942 and later transitioned over to Desert Combat, which was a mod for BF1942 based on Gulf War. I went from flying badly modeled prop planes to MIG29s and F16s.
In that game I was one of the most feared bomber pilots and during competitions my bomber was always the defining force.
Flying that SU, Harrier and A10 with cluster bombs was a lot of fun, but I have always craved to get more out of the game.

I've spent a good amount of time flying Air to Ground in BF2 as well.
Shortly after giving up on BF2 which just stopped being fun, I started playing WOW for about 5-6 years on and off. Not gonna go into that because that will make the internet run out of space.

What got me into flying was Planetside 2. I played the hell out of that game in Beta and always wondered what it would be like to fly it with a joystick, so I bought a $50 Thrustmaster X and used it for about 7 minutes. It has helped me realize how good the M&K controls were in that game. So the joystick sat on my desk for a while, until one of my friends introduced me to War Thunder. I have spent a good amount of time flying in AB, stayed away from RB because its boring as fuck and while doing that, I always wondered what the FRB was like.
For the first time I was truly scared to get into that game mode because every one kept talking about how good SB pilots were and how well they flew, so one day I said "FUCK IT", grabbed my balls, set up my stick and went into a Test Flight.
All I can say is that its been very hard for me to learn all the ins and outs by myself, but I kept going and didnt want to give up.
About a year or a year and a half ago I have met Dillon and DikTater and I have learned a lot from them. Since they have thought me so much, it gives everyone the right to be mad at them for my fuck ups.

One thing I have come to understand is that when it comes down to flying and dogfighting,  the learning never stops.
Sky is the limit!