News:

Migration to SMF has been completed!   Squadron members must RE-REGISTER!

Main Menu

Thanks Hollywood!

Started by Nraged, May 18, 2015, 10:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nraged

After flying with Hollywood for a bit on the La5, I think it started clicking for me.

I loved the plane's torque and hated the way flew. So I have finally set up all my controls specifically for it, except for the shatters, which is a next step. Gonna have to free up some more buttons on HOTAS, but other than that, I have spent a good hour just flying around and getting used to how everything was, how all the buttons were mapped out and such.

So as I was cruising at around 3500, Thzuper twooo :) and looking for shit to kill,  I got dove on from space by a 190 who had shitload of energy on me. Luckily I was in a level flight doing about 500kph so I had some speed to work with. Our fight lasted about 10 minutes and ended up at around 1000m. With a damaged tail I managed to burn his E while  forcing an overshoot, which he just refused to bite upon for a while, and finally took him down in a flat scissor.  Also that was one of my most solid shots when I killed someone while scissoring. In WT you normally hit nothing but air due to latency and shit.

For the first time flying I got to use every single thing which my plane had to offer, other than shatters. The Boost, which Hollywood has also tought me how to use and when,  full flaps - 70% and nose up, I was able to outhelicopter him :) and not let him pull a fast one on me.

Anyways, all of this was done while I was using my elevator trim to pull up because I had a damaged tail, so once again, thanks Holywood for tips and tricks. I never thought I'd say this, but flying Russian planes is a lot more fun due to MEC.

Pand

This sounds awesome.  Would love to do some hunting with a couple LA5's!  Family has been in town this past weekend, so getting ready to get back in the saddle this week.  :salute

Colonel Pand, [TWB] The Wet Bandits
"CHEERS DAKPILOT" - Dakpilot

Nraged

well hurry up before everyone else converts to WT!  :bhead

otavio

Been really busy lately, but i'll try and do some flying next week!
DAKPILOT is my idol.

CHEERS DAKPILOT!